July 5, 2022
Summer is here and we have lots of fun activities planned for the season!
1. Art projects are on the wall in the downstairs hall from Monday, July 4th through the 8th. Parents and students are invited to come and leave "fan letters" in the pockets provided for each child. Parents are invited to come Monday through Friday from 8:40 to 9:55 and 2:20 to 3:30. These are the times when both parking lots are available. Others may come during the day, but only the side parking lot can be used since the main one is used for our recess, lunches, and physical education classes. We hope that you will write many comments for our budding artists. We teachers are amazed at their talent! Fan letters can be written in English or in Japanese, but we ask for only positive comments. There will be paper provided for the parents at the desk in the hall.
2. On Friday, July 8, all classes will have "Beach Day". All day our learning activities will include an ocean theme. Each child is encouraged to dress for the occasion with flower skirts or shorts, t-shirts, sandals, sunglasses and/or beach hats. This is a great, active day full of learning and fun.
3. On Tuesday, July 12, we are having a short presentation from the 1/2nd graders, the 5/6th graders, and the pop choir in 7th/9th grade. They will sing and play from 2:00 to 2:30. Unfortunately, parents cannot come because of growing covid cases, but we will post the video on Youtube and on Facebook.
4. Monday, June 18, is a holiday. There will be no classes on this day.
5. The last day before summer holidays is Wednesday, July 20. The school will close at 12:00 on the 20th so our students will not need lunch. They may bring a snack. All classes will do relays, play with water balloons and water guns, eat ice pops, clean, and celebrate our last summer day together. Your child will need a change of clothes, as we will all get wet. It's a very fun day!
6. All students will receive summer homework. Your child will receive homework instructions.
7. Summer school is from July 25th through the 29th, M-F, 9:00 to 3:00. The theme this year is “space.” There is still some space left. NLIS students get a discount. The fee is ￥26,000.
8. Our new teacher, Sue Yi, has arrived in Japan, and she will start teaching the 3/4th graders on July 11th. Please help her to feel welcome.
9. PSE (Parent's Supporting Education) is collecting food for the Yamanashi Food Bank this week until Friday, July 8. Thank you for you continued generosity for our community!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for a great year so far!